Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Glory

Mom shone in all her glory today-- freshly permed hair, lightly rouged cheeks, Lord & Taylor suit with silk rose/black blouse and skirt.
I sent Bill to assist her with breakfast before I picked them up at 10:30 am for the Easter service.
She took her meds, no problem, swallowed right down--after all, Bill was there to watch.
She ate a little of her oatmeal and also her scrambled eggs. Drank milk.
We went to church--she did pretty well.
At my house, though, she couldn't eat much of the waffle with strawberries and whipped cream I gave her.
We put her down for a two hour nap, then got her up for Easter dinner. She ate a little.
Then Bill flew to Las Vegas for his surgeons meeting, and I was left to take her back to her residence.
A long tiring day for her--but a good day. She knew she had had a special day and enjoyed it.

No comments: